Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Does Anyone Share This Puzzlement?

I keep hearing about the catastrophe that would have happened had we not done all the things that we have done to stop the catastrophe from happening.  Has anybody out there heard anyone describe the might-have-been catastrophe that is worse than the one we have?

Reminds me of the joke about the guy who was throwing watermelon seeds out the window of the bus.  His seatmate asked him, "why?"  "To keep away the elephants," the man answered.  "But there aren't any elephants any where near here," answered the seatmate.   "See how well they work?" said the man.

Just so well have all the things government has done, is doing and will ever do actually worked.

No comments:

Welcome

This blog is dedicated to the occcasional jotting down of my more extended essays. My profile will tell you that my areas of formal training are piano performance and philosophy. I have, therefore, the advantage of being an educated layman in economics history, painting, sales, business.

Here is the premise on which my blog is based: A is A. Many consider this an empty, meaningless statement because it is self-evident. But I regard it as powerful for that very reason. It is self-evident that a thing is what it is. In the context of this blog, another way to put it is this: wishing, praying, and government micro- and macro-managemennt will not make it other than it is.


Enjoy